High strength all-porcelain crowns and bridges protect one or more of your teeth and the integrity of your mouth’s structure. They can be excellent solutions for restoring your mouth to a healthier state and will protect other teeth from sliding into spaces created by any missing teeth. When creating your custom crowns and bridges, our top priority is to restore and/or preserve the health and function of your teeth, gums and jaws. The added benefit is that crowns and bridges often play a significant role cosmetically for you as well.
Dr. Duffy and his team will answer your questions and help you evaluate your options so that you can make the best decision for you. We’re here to help you restore your strong, healthy and beautiful smile!
Precision Engineered Porcelain Crowns
A porcelain crown is a sturdy, tooth-colored cap that is placed over a damaged tooth for one of several reasons:
- Cavities which are too large to be filled without a significant risk of breaking the tooth
- Cracked or damaged teeth
- One or more implants which need a permanent tooth (crown) over the implant and connecting abutment
- 360º protection of the tooth when there is high risk of cavities around the tooth at the gumline, which can happen when people develop dry mouth
Once your crown is in place, you will appreciate its natural look and feel. Advancements in porcelain crown technology allow us to preserve more critical tooth structure than ever before. And, as always, if you have any concerns or post-procedural discomfort, please contact us so we can help you right away!
If you are missing one or more teeth, or will be needing to have a tooth removed, a dental bridge can provide the support and structure you need. Bridges can be more economical than dental implants —and provide lasting results for years. A fixed bridge spans any gaps with artificial teeth and connects them permanently to neighboring teeth or implants using gold, another alloy, porcelain or a mixture of these materials. Think of it as multiple crowns connected together which look and function like your natural teeth.
Benefits of a fixed bridge:
- Protects existing teeth from sliding into the space for the missing tooth or teeth
- Helps maintain your facial structure and chewing ability
- Restores your bright smile cosmetically as well as structurally
With consistent flossing or the regular use of a Waterpik® under your bridge, this can be an excellent solution to meet your restorative dental needs!