Veneers, bonds, and porcelain crowns explained!
- Cosmetic Dentistry • May 1, 2021
What would it take to have a beautiful sparkling smile? You have questions? We have answers.
At Peninsula Family Dentistry in Gig Harbor, Washington, Dr. Thomas Duffy offers several ways to achieve your dream and enjoy enhanced dental health.
In addition to simply whitening your existing teeth, there are three techniques dentists often use to achieve our goals while preserving our patients’ existing teeth: veneers, bonds, and full coverage porcelain crowns.
“I can restore a great smile for you with any or a combination of these methods,” Dr. Duffy says. “And best results occur when people have good hygiene habits at home as part of their ‘after care.’ We also take into account those who grind their teeth or have other issues, some techniques and materials simply won’t last as long as you might expect them to.
“Some treatments, including veneers, are popular, but we often see them presented in ideal conditions. They can be presented as an ‘easy fix.’ Our goal is to help you find the right treatment to improve both your cosmetic desires and dental health needs.”
Let’s get started! Take this self quiz
Think about the overall condition of your teeth and oral health:
- Are your teeth and gums generally healthy except for a few minor issues like cracks, chips or simply a tooth color you don’t like?
- Do you want to change the look of a few of your teeth—or many—or most of them?
- Is your situation a little more serious involving large spaces, loose or missing teeth, or what some call “black triangles”?
Think about any dental work you might need:
- Have you been told you need a filling or a crown?
- Do you have tooth pain?
- Do you have gum disease or symptoms like bleeding or painful gums?
Understanding your situation as well as your dreams will help you and our team discover what we can do to restore your beautiful, confident smile while addressing any underlying problems.
Veneers, bonds, and porcelain crowns—checking potential options
|Full-Coverage Porcelain Crowns||
Comparing your options
|Veneers||Bonds||Full-Coverage Porcelain Crowns|
If you’re a little unsure which might be best for you, no worries! Chances are you still have questions. Dr. Duffy will help you figure out which is the best plan for you at a free consultation. Call 253-525-4050 or request a consultation here.